Looking for clarity when it comes to Health? Read on!
Health Insurance is not complicated or expensive when you work with one of our licensed Healthcare Solution Specialists. Let’s explore options to protect your loved ones from the number one reason Americans go bankrupt and homeless: unpaid medical bills.
What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is a type of insurance that covers medical expenses that arise due to an illness. These expenses could be related to hospitalisation costs, cost of medicines or doctor consultation fees.
What does the plan cover?
One of the things health care reform has done in the U.S. (under the Affordable Care Act) is to introduce more standardization to insurance plan benefits. Before such standardization, the benefits offered varied drastically from plan to plan. For example, some plans covered prescriptions, others did not. Now, plans in the U.S. are required to offer a number of “essential health benefits” which include
- Emergency services
- Laboratory tests
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance-abuse treatment
- Outpatient care (doctors and other services you receive outside of a hospital)
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive services (e.g., some immunizations) and management of chronic diseases
- Rehabilitation services